I've Got My Dieline - Now What?
Friends don’t let friends use boring packaging. That’s why Fantastapack wants to help both your product and your brand stand out from the crowd! Because we want to partner with you, we want to make sure you’re equipped with the process know-how needed to take full advantage of Fantastapack’s custom packaging services.
So you’ve received your custom dieline file with your online purchase – now what?
You’ll need a vector-based editing program, like Adobe Illustrator, in order to apply your custom artwork. To help make this process as smooth as possible for you, we’ve compiled some helpful hints to keep in mind while editing your dieline file:
- Preserve the original dieline in its own layer – don’t rotate! You can add your artwork on top of the original, in a separate layer
- Ensure that all placed images are embedded.
- Use only CMYK colors – Fantastapack will convert any Pantone colors to their CMYK equivalent. Also, check your black ink saturation to ensure you’re using a built black.
- Give your artwork a full quarter-inch bleed around the entire dieline – it should not extend past the green bleed line.
- Once you’ve added your artwork, be sure to save the file as a PDF. Then, log in to your Fantastapack account to upload the final PDF. With a single click, you’re on your way!